With grateful hearts for famly and friends,

With Grateful Hearts

With grateful hearts for family and friends, for those near to us and those who are near in our hearts. For hope and joy, and sorrow and struggles. For laughter and tears, and the songs that He gives along the way. But most of all for Jesus...the Author and Finisher of our faith. It is with grateful hearts that we share with you here.






Saturday, November 28, 2009

"The First Thanksgiving"....to follow "the first birthday"

Might we call this "The First Thanksgiving" ?!! We've had so many celebrations since this little one came home, she'll think that's all we do....and wouldn't it be wonderful if it was!


Cousin Laura finally makes the blog!! Remember "Aunt Lou" who blogged for me while we were in China...well this is her daughter and my lovely cousin Laura.




Christian and Faith look through the Christmas cookbook. Christian wanted to look for a new recipe he might like.



Hooray for cousins! And let's talk about the blessing of cousins for a moment. My kid's cousins have been such a big blessing in their lives. I'm so thankful for them.



And tonight we had Gracie's ingenious creation...A "Big Girl/Little Girl Sleepover". Three "big girls" and 3 "little girls" and lots and lots of nail polish!!!! The boys all conveniently flew the coop for the night except poor Christian who was stuck at home and hid away in his bedroom most of the night. I got Faith to bed and came back to the kitchen to find them all in a line doing the cha-cha.


...and after crafting, the dining room table could barely be seen and there was glitter from one end of the house to the other.

What fun! Thank you big girls!!


Today I am most thankful for God's faithfulness. I am thankful that God shows His faithfulness ever so clearly when the road is rocky. I am thankful that even though we can't see the end of the road, we can see His footsteps on the road ahead of us. I am thankful that it is not I who order this life, but it is Him, and I am only responsible to follow.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

No comments: