With grateful hearts for famly and friends,

With Grateful Hearts

With grateful hearts for family and friends, for those near to us and those who are near in our hearts. For hope and joy, and sorrow and struggles. For laughter and tears, and the songs that He gives along the way. But most of all for Jesus...the Author and Finisher of our faith. It is with grateful hearts that we share with you here.






Thursday, July 5, 2012

Independence Day

Therefore if the Son sets you free, you shall be free indeed.
John 8:36

My uncle said it was truly Independence Day.

It seems like it happens on holidays.

A few years back one of my two beloved grandmas went to celebrate Christmas with Jesus...

...and today my other sweet grandma celebrated Independence Day by breaking free from the chains of this earthly life

I have been so greatly blessed. I've had both of my grandmothers close by me for far far longer than most ever have the chance to

She was a dear sweet grandmother

I remember once when I was really young, she told me, "If you pray..and then you still fear...you're not really trusting God." See, she was battling cancer back then. That was nearly forty years ago.

Next week she would have turned ninety


We've been watching her leave for a little while now

When I hugged her Sunday, I just held on for a while and tried to soak it in to last for a long time, because somehow I knew it was the last she would know me this side of heaven

and yesterday she didn't know I was there anymore


but you know what...she told us she heard beautiful music

and she asked us who was singing


...and no one in the room was singing

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this Cherie. We are truly blessed. We will see you this weekend.

Love.

Dan