With grateful hearts for famly and friends,

With Grateful Hearts

With grateful hearts for family and friends, for those near to us and those who are near in our hearts. For hope and joy, and sorrow and struggles. For laughter and tears, and the songs that He gives along the way. But most of all for Jesus...the Author and Finisher of our faith. It is with grateful hearts that we share with you here.






Thursday, September 10, 2009

Praising God for Milestones



If I could mark two days as milestone days with Faith: the first would be the day we left Nanchang...and the second would be today. I cannot describe to you the heaviness God lifted off my heart today, and some of the fears He allowed me to see past. Today, yesterday's glimmer became a shine. Faith woke up this morning without crying... and that was a first. I looked at the smile on her face and could see that something was gone. Perhaps it will be back tomorrow, but today its absence allowed me to see her..just her...for the first time, not the anger or the sadness or the fear, but her. There was a sweetness in place of the anger and smile in place of the sadness, for the first time. I realize tomorrow may be completely different, but for today, it was beautiful.



Faith did not want to sit still to pose for this photo, but I liked it anyways. I took this on Mom's front porch. I might take them back up to try to get one where everyone's smiling because all of Mom's flowers made such a pretty backdrop.
OUR BLESSINGS!



WELL IF THIS ISN'T AMERICAN, I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS!








...on having siblings...


Faith went Wal-Marting for the first time today.
It's incredible when the ordinary becomes beautiful. Like shiny clean floors and thousands of choices, or the absence of any smells but soaps and freshly baked bread.
Ahhh...



No one could hope for a better Pappy! Tonight my dad said (or perhaps it was my mom) "When she learns English, you'll be able to tell her that you're keeping her." I won't comment on that, because that is its own deep thought to ponder.


Love to you all.
Trusting in Jesus.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Sweet!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for continued posting. It brings joy to my heart to hear about your family, your challenges, and see pictures of so much love and sweetness, on all your parts.
Alison