With grateful hearts for famly and friends,

With Grateful Hearts

With grateful hearts for family and friends, for those near to us and those who are near in our hearts. For hope and joy, and sorrow and struggles. For laughter and tears, and the songs that He gives along the way. But most of all for Jesus...the Author and Finisher of our faith. It is with grateful hearts that we share with you here.






Wednesday, September 2, 2009

We are packing !!!! Yes, Packing!

We headed out for a little bit of last minute shopping this morning. It is so extremely hot! We are really tired of sweating. As soon as you walk out of the hotel door you sweat like crazy. This picture was taken last night...


I have to tell you all this... just now, Mitchell was standing by the door and Faith was in the crib. She yelled, just as plain as day, "Mitchell !!" really loudly because she was trying to show him something. He now says he’s the only one who has a real name.

Well, I'd better get to work. Our luggage gets picked up in a little while.


Lisa, we stopped in at Jordan's again this morning. When we were leaving, he asked if he could shake our hands... he held all our hands together, and then leaned close and whispered, "God Bless You."


I'll try to write tonight from Shanghai.


Love to you all.

Miss you like crazy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see you!!! Be safe.

Kim

Anonymous said...

Cherie, Emma says to tell you to hurry and get here safely because she wants to play with Faith. I thought that was so cute and she really wanted me to write it to you.

You are making this all too familiar for me: First there's that photo of Mitchell with Faith on his shoulders - you know why that makes me cry. Second, there is the story of Faith saying, "Mitchell" for the first time. Then, there is you all visiting Jordan's store and saying goodbye to him - he did the same with us and hugged us tightly. I miss him. We really got to know him and care for him while we were there. I think TJ went to see him everyday.

I was thinking the other day that you were coming back on the 31st and that is the day we left to go to China. But, alas, you have not left yet. lol Still, our travel dates are not that far apart.

You must be going crazy to see Gracie and Christian. I remember once Emma was with us all I wanted to do was get home! Having TJ with me helped with that longing for my kids, but I still could not wait to see them. You are lucky to have so much family coming to the airport to meet you. No one even offered to drive them down to meet us. It was okay though, because we wanted to get her home after traveling so much.

Did I tell you Emma started school yesterday? I was a mess once she left on that bus. Oh my word! It was so much harder for me than anyone could have told me. It hit me that I had no more babies at home any more. You should stop posting because before you know it I will be shooting off another application to CCAI to adopt again! ha ha Tim would kill me! lol

Tell Mitchell I know exactly where he is standing in the photo. Just look at those two young ladies behind him. They are thinking, "Take us, Take us!" Makes you really appreciate the freedom and opportunities we have in America doesn't it?

Anyway, we cannot wait to see you and the newest addition to the Steele family. Be safe and have a good trip (I'll be praying for Faith to sleep).

By the way, we may not be here this weekend. TJ is off on Monday and we may go down to see him, if I can handle the trip with my foot. Tim swears he can keep me from swelling too much. I'll let you know if we go. I love you and can't wait to see you. Did you ever in your life think we would share something as precious as this? See but now you have 2 girls and I only have one!!! We are supposed to match!

Love,
Lisa