With grateful hearts for famly and friends,

With Grateful Hearts

With grateful hearts for family and friends, for those near to us and those who are near in our hearts. For hope and joy, and sorrow and struggles. For laughter and tears, and the songs that He gives along the way. But most of all for Jesus...the Author and Finisher of our faith. It is with grateful hearts that we share with you here.






Monday, August 24, 2009

Green Beans and Mighty to Save


When Faith eats, she holds her little hand underneath whatever she is eating, like rice or crackers, to catch every little crumb and then she makes sure to eat every crumb. She doesn't let anything fall. I gave her a little cup of green beans and she drank every drop of juice out of the cup and then ate every single bean and scraped out every scrap into her mouth. She never lets a bite of food go to waste. She listened to Hillsong United on my ipod. I called these photos "Green Beans and Mighty to Save"

We tried to brush her teeth this morning and that didn't go well. It is easy to see she has never had her teeth brushed before. She said 'drink" last night...IN ENGLISH. She chatters a mile a minute in chinese. I just keep repeating the English words of everything over and over again. I think it will be good when there aren't waitresses to talk to her in Chinese all the time. I think she will have to listen more intently to the English words we are saying to her.

We are heading to the notary office in one hour.

3 comments:

Sue Heuston said...

Oh my! She is absolutely precious! Just beyond adorable! You can just tell by looking at that little face that she is probably telling you quite the stories when she is chatting. I'm sure you are right that the language will come quickly when she comes home. But love and hugs and smiles...and good food that meets her needs is probably telling her more than words right now.
It's too bad that she will likely lose her Chinese words as quickly as she picks up her English...that happens with even older kids...
We're following you blog and keeping you in prayer.
Sue

Anonymous said...

Little Miss Independent! Check her out! Her and I have so much in common already...my two favorite things...food and music! I love this kid!

Kim

Anonymous said...

She is adorable! I see you're starting her out early on the music thing. She wouldn't fit in with your family otherwise!! :)
Enjoying reading all these blogs. I have a lot to read to get all caught up!

Laura