With grateful hearts for famly and friends,

With Grateful Hearts

With grateful hearts for family and friends, for those near to us and those who are near in our hearts. For hope and joy, and sorrow and struggles. For laughter and tears, and the songs that He gives along the way. But most of all for Jesus...the Author and Finisher of our faith. It is with grateful hearts that we share with you here.






Thursday, August 20, 2009

Leaving in the Morning

Well, I guess this is the last post I will type myself for some time. (Aunt Lou, thanks so much for posting what I send you). It's 3am, we're leaving at 6am and I am still up, not restless really...more like reflective. So many thoughts going through my mind. Dan and Jes - remember 3 years ago when we stood in my laundry room late one night talking about how we felt the Lord was calling us to adopt? In a way that seems like forever ago and in a way it seems like yesterday.

We are packed and loaded. Thanks Mom and Leslie. (and Leslie, we did notice the little cheddar pretzels in our bags...we give you a thumbs up). We went and weighed in our suitcases at our little airport so that we don't have any surprises tomorrow morning at the big one.

We took Christian and Gracie to my Aunt Sue's to spend the night. My heart is too soft to say those goodbyes in the early morning. I cried. The kids were excited to be there with Ben and Jennie. Christian assured me that he and Ben were going to work out really hard and by the time I got back, they would be really buff. GOTTA LOVE 'EM.

Mitchell says he has spent time figuring out the formula for avoiding jet lag. He says that if he does not sleep tonight and then goes to sleep on the plane when it would be night time in China, that his body will already be on Beijing time when he arrives. : / Ok, not so sure about that...not very appealing. Hmmm

All right, our flight leaves at 12pm Thursday and 14 hours later we arrive in Beijing and it will be 2pm Friday afternoon there. Math??

Love you all. Stay posted!!! Please pray.
___________________________________

No comments: